Ok, I’ve had my iPhone4 for a couple of days now, and to be honest I’m hugely disappointed with the battery life, I thought my old iPhone was bad. Apparently your meant to have 38hrs of heavy use on the iphone4, which I just find crazy talk.
So here are a few of my tips that Ive been using, to help increas the battery life of your iPhone.
1) Turn the brightness down to about 40% or so.
2) Turn off vibrate (even though it does feels nice).
3) Keep Bluetooth off till needed. Pretty obvious one.
4) If you don’t need wifi or 3G then turn them off (for instance when your going to sleep).
5) Turn off all background running Apps when your not using them. (To do this, double tap the home button, then press and hold down one of the apps so they shake, then tap the ‘-‘ symbol to close it.
6) Don’t charge your phone over night. Just charge it when it’s really low & go for a full charge. This looks after your battery as overcharging it can reduce it’s performance in the long run.
7) Turn Push and Fetch off, turn to manual.
8 ) Turn all notifications off.
But at the end of the day, we all know Apples products have a history of poor battery life, so we can’t complain to much. In all honesty it doesn’t bother me too much, it’s just annoying compared to other phones out there on the market. Generally my iPhone has been lasting easily 10hrs with really heavey use, which is very usable, as by the time it starts hitting red Im home by then and can pop it on charge. But I hope some of the tips above help to reserve the battery life of some of your iPhones.
(Blog entry written on my iPhone, using the new WordPress App, woot check me out). 🙂